Can you explain why this movie is titled Blood & Chocolate?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

first of all have you read the book?? its great and explains alot. second, vivian works in a choclate factory or something of the like and werwolves- meat and blood. i do beleive it takes place under a blood moon too.

I believe the answer stems from it having a vampire theme which thats where the words blood is suppose to focus on. And I also believe chocolate is an aphrodisiac. It leaves question that chocolate symbolizes lust. So my reason would be Blood Lust. But with hollywood and censorship they do not wish to advertise such strong words so they decided to use Blood and Chocolate. If you search the web for the actual writers perspective you will agree.

it's like opposites:

good and bad

kind and evil

sweet and bitter

blood and chocolate- the blood is the bad and the chocolate is good. in the book (if you've read or hear what's it's about) the girl is sweet(chocolate) by day and dark (blood) by night. there's two sides to everybody that are opposites.

I was wondering that too maybe because in the morning she is sweet like chocolate then at night she is like Blood?

because they save all the good names for good movies I mean just look at snakes on a plane a horrible title for a horrible movie

the main character works at a chocolate shop, shes a warewolf

Because that's the name they gave it.

Why is that TV show called "Robot Chicken" or "Frisky Dingo"?

The title is sometimes just meant to catch the viewers attention, that's all.

Temptation comes in many forms.

nor me ... "Blood and Lipstick" would have been a much better title

or "Bellywash Blood In My Heart"

yeah... no idea...

but i love the song featured in the trailer!

<3 within temptation

okay sorry. no help here i know.