CPU temperature monitoring problem?

Every time I try to install a program that monitors CPU temperatures (i.e motherboard monitor), I can't get it to work because I don't know what motherboard my computer has. Is there a way to find out what kind of motherboard I have? Or maybe you know: my system's a Dell 4600 (a few years old), Pentium 4 w/ 3.0 GHZ and HT Technology. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• INOA
    Favorite Answer

Many Dell's don't have temperature sensors.

Without sensors you don't get temp readings.

Your computer has the Intel 865PE chipset, supporting Pentium 4 processors with an 800MHz frontside bus. You can find out more at the link below.

use Everest Ultimate Edition, a program that will tell you everthing to know about your computer, from cpu to gpu.

it has temp monitoring too.

If you go to dell, you can pull up your system specs, or you can go to www.download.com and get a system diagnostics tool which will tell you.

are you using speedfan?.....It should automatically get your motherboard name. Its free, it monitors and changes your temp