Can anybody recommend a a good company or brand of telephoto lenses for the Canon S2IS digital camera?

I'm looking to buy a telephoto lense for my canon camera and am just wondering what brand would be a good brand.

Favorite Answer

Stick with the official Canon 1.5x teleconverter - part no. TC-DC58B.

The first place I looked has them for $100

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=...

Well... if you don't already have any nikon or canon lenses then your in the position to pick the path for the rest of your life...(it gets expensive to switch brands once you buy some lenses).... Frankly either one is more than adequate.... if money is a concern then look not only at the camera but also at the lenses you think you may want and the other add-ons like flash that you will or expect to buy in the future (for Nikon the flashes have changed quite a bit over the years and a lot of people have been burned by buying one flash for a digital system and then find that the next generation of nikon can't use the old flash... not a fun thing to have happen)... If you plan on buying some used lenses for your camera to save a few dollars look at a place like ebay and see what the lenses are likely to cost and how often they are sold.... I don't know a lot about the canons but can tell you to steer clear of the nikon d40 and 40x because it lacks a built in auto focus motor that makes it less compatible with existing lenses... I don't think any of the Canons share that problem... In the end choose wisely, your choice is like a marriage.... it will be very expensive and painful to change later in life.

Samsung or Pentech

• mike m

I found some on ebay. here's a link to them

go for Nikkor