Car wont start?

My car just stopped working in the middle of the road and it wont start anymore. Anytime I try to start it, it just makes a clicking noise and all the indicator lights go down. Also, I dont know if this helps, but the car is on the ON mode, the battery, oil and maintenance indicators come on.

My car just stopped working in the middle of the road and it wont start anymore. Anytime I try to start it, it just makes a clicking noise and all the indicator lights go down. I tried another battery and that didnt help. Also, I dont know if this helps, but the car is on the ON mode, the battery, oil and maintenance indicators come on

Favorite Answer

it is defenitly the battery..

Battery is nearly dead. This is likely from an alternator that is bad. Charge the battery and see if the car starts and runs, if so have the alternator checked.

your battery is dead. you probably need an alternator. if the car died while driving, the car was running off the battery and when the battery discharged, the car died. the alternator keeps the battery charged and provides electrical power to the vehicle when it's running.

• CctbOh

Is sounds like you are getting power from the battery so have someone check the alternator or starter.

the main draw on a battery is the starter motor. Your radio works because of the fact there remains sufficient skill interior the battery for it to function. The heater motor, lights and wipers may additionally paintings now. leap the battery from a vehicle that's working (beneficial to beneficial and destructive to destructive) that's going to initiate. in the journey that your climate is amazingly chilly you're able to need a similar difficulty returned. in case you have an unique battery (AC Delco) on your vehicle. it's time to change it. they in many situations final 6 to eight years in a vehicle that has under no circumstances had an electric difficulty

you need a new alternator. your battery is draining each time you drive and thats why it died in the middle of the road.. depending on the condition of the battery to begin, with you may have to replace that also.

Have you looked at the timing belt? Thats happened to me before. My car just stopped dead in the middle of an intersection. Belts Can be expensive!

You either have a bad connection between the battery and starter or a bad starter.

Source(s): technician

Sounds like alternator is bad and killed the battery.

Not likely a starter problem, that would not have caused your car to cut off.

Hey, that would be extremely hard for anyone to answer. Depends on what year, make, & model you have.....It could be a number of things......Most likely are: battery, alternator, starter solinoid or starter.......Good luck!