Kat asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

I am ALWAYS hungry! WHY?

I try and eat a 100 calorie bar, then two, then some apples, trail mix, and a friut smoothie. Then I am, finally fufilled. But I eat breakfast (frosted mini wheats), then I get really hungry after like only 2 hours! Then, I eat a sandwitch and a 100 cal. pack and i am still hungry! Then I eat a snack, and im still hungry! I dont have worms, and am only in my teens, so is it because of that time of the month? and i am not over weight, it fluctuates from 114-120.

And i eat alot, so i dont get what you are saying 'London J' I eat alot, but am still hungry.... what is not to undersatnd??

and DUH, i eat dinner too.

Favorite Answer

Well First of all it could be the time of the month thing, or it could be your metabolism is fast. I have a fast metabolism and eat non stop. Try consulting your doctor, he/she may be able to do a simple blood test to see if there is anything wrong with you. More than likely it sounds like your metabolism is fast. I have the same problem with my weight, and I am not over weight either.. I Fluctuate from 95- 105. As you get older your metabolism will slow down, then watch out!! That's when you start packing on the pounds if you do not exercise or eat right! GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPED!!!

It's ideal to eat every 3 hours. 3 small healthy meals and 3 healthy snacks. How much water do you drink? You should drink (5 or 6) 8oz bottles a day. Sometimes our bodies act hungry and our stomach growls because we need water. Try eating more fiber and raw veggies. Drink 8oz of milk with your meals. Eat the same time everyday, this will put your body on a schedule. Instead of a sandwich and a 100 calorie pack, have a sandwich on whole wheat, 1 cup of cottage cheese, and a sliced tomato, and a piece of fruit.

You have a fast metabolism, so your body processes the food you input quicker. It's good to eat lighter meals more often when this is the case. I have always had to eat breakfast, a snack at 10:30 am, then lunch, a snack at 3:30 and then dinner. I wouldn't freak out unless you start to gain a significant amount of weight in a short period of time. Try more filliing snacks like carrots, bananas, apples, pears, grapes, granola bars if you feel like you are eating too often.

If you're under 19, you probably aren't finished growing, yet!

Not only are you not finished growing as tall as you will be, but your body is also finishing the ends of the bones (such as the cranial sutures), and adding muscle mass.

All that "construction" takes calories!

Do you drink water? Thirst sometimes disguises itself as hunger, try drinking a bottle or huge glass of water along with the meal.

• Bren

could very well be the time of the month !! ♥

you have to eat more in meals and not between meals, but always healthy iight... or u must have anxiety

are you really this dumb you need food to help you stay healthy duh what kind of question is that.