Why did you like/dislike "Cultural Learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan?"

The other day I spoke to a grandma who said she absolutely cannot understand why 'my generation' would find this movie funny.. While I had an answer for her straight away, it got me thinking.. What does everybody else find funny/unfunny about it? I wonder if it's anything like what I said to her....

• shane
    Favorite Answer

I think it's really funny how not politically correct it is. In a time when people get so easily offended, it's good to have a movie like this to just get the stereotypes and stuff out there.

I just thought Borat himself was funny. He was always asking stupid questions and other people took him really seriously! He was absolutely clueless about "political correctness" in American society and said all kinds of outrageous things. And that naked fighting scene with the 300 pound man and running through the hotel like that! Hilarious!! Or how about the scene when he thought that sweet, old Jewish couple had turned into cockroaches? How dumb can you get?? I loved this movie.

I honestly did not want to see this movie because I thought it would be stupid funny, which is annoying. But then I saw Borat. It may have been offensive to some people (I understand completely), but that movie was so funny. Sacha Baron Cohen is one of the funniest guys I've ever seen! I loved it! Very Nice!

I thought it was funny because it does show how some other countries are not as culturally aware as some western ones.

I also thought it was amazing the beliefs that Americans have and how stuck up they are. I loved it!

I'm not American...