Is McAfee Anitvirus causing my laptop to overheat?

I have been trying to run a full scan all day and each time, about halfway through, it shuts down. Is McAfree causing this?

Favorite Answer

Laptops run hotter than Desktops to begin with. You have less airflow, and not as much heat prevention in place.

It is extremely rare for software to overheat a computer. Normally what creates heat in you computer is the Processor or CPU, the North Bridge Chipset, the Graphics Processor or GPU, the Hard Drive, and the Power Supply. The Motherboard is normally equipped to help regulate temperature, and shut down before the processor is damaged.

Take it to a professional to be checked out. It could be something simple like a fan not working or something restricting airflow. If it is any component I named above it is not worth the cost and effort to repair, so buy a new one.

Source(s): A+ and Network+ Certified

McAfee AntiVirus will not overheat your system. In very very very few cases will a software overheat your system.

Most likely, there is problem with your motherboard, cpu, or hard drive. It may be dusty, it may be worn out, it may be old age. You need to have someone open it up to take a look at it.

Lap proper over heating has develop right into a extra person-friendly difficulty in present day years as both CPU chips and the Video Chips in computer computers are turning out to be extra densely full of transistors,all of which generate warmth. computer over heating maximum as a rule alerts itself by technique of unexpected,different sensible unexplained shutdown of an operating computer. this implies that is getting allot of use. And warm and needs to relax down. strong success wish I helped some in the present day and consider a spectacular evening see ya quickly lower back y/a chum bon bon bunny

McAfee should not cause your computer to overheat.

MA is not a highly detailed program

i cant see it causing this

is it possible you have a virus or spy-ware in your laptop causing this:?

call the company you got it from...dell, gateway....

I dont know but i am not a fan of mcafee. i use norton. i think i get more for my money. mabye you should try something else other than macafee.

you should check out this site where you can get a sony vaio laptop for free

no it is not mcafee looks like your mother board is gone

maybe, because i have mc fee aswell and it takes up alot of ram on my pc destop, and because its always monitoring so you could change the settings and tell it when to do that stuff

Possibly... McAfee is a crap.