Gall Bladder surgery complications?

I had my gall bladder surgery done last thursday it supposedly went well. The gall bladder was removed as well as a few stones. It was considered day surgery. I was sent home all seemed fine. I started to feel alot of pain in my addomen and my stomach swelled up and I turned yellow. In pain I went by ambulance back... show more I had my gall bladder surgery done last thursday it supposedly went well. The gall bladder was removed as well as a few stones. It was considered day surgery. I was sent home all seemed fine. I started to feel alot of pain in my addomen and my stomach swelled up and I turned yellow. In pain I went by ambulance back to the hospital, was reopened by the surgeon and she told me she blocked tubes from the liver that apparently she didnt see. She claimed I was 1% of the public with these tubes. She closed them and put a shunt into my abdomen to empty bile from it. Apparently I had four cups of bile and trust me it was the most painful experience of my life. Now I am still in pain while the shunt empties out of my abdomen. I am on painkillers but it is very uncomfortable. Has anyone had this experience? And tell me how you coped?
3 answers 3