danaluana asked in TravelUnited StatesPortland · 1 decade ago

What's the best area to live in around Portland, Oregon, and why?

I am a retired single woman; and I'm thinking of relocating to Oregon and I want to know more about the areas around Portland.

Favorite Answer

I'll have to agree with "rink". It really depends on what you want. If you want suburban bliss, Beaverton/Hillsboro is good. If you want older houses with character then NE or SE PDX has that. If you want ghetto accomodations, North Portland is right up your alley. If you want a hint of country type people, Gresham is perfect. If you want to see a lot of mullets and meth addicts, then Vacouver, WA is good.

The west is the best and the east is the least. I like the west side that is where I grew up and that is where all the job opportunities are like Nike and Intel and the east is like Parkrose and that area where my granparents lived is like totaly the pit of Portland along with the south east side like in Oregon City and Milwaukie are total redneck and trailer trash. But the west is the best part of town.

It depends whether you want regular suburban, pricey suburban, hipster, yuppy houses, yuppie condos, family apartment, old, new city high-rise, hill, river... How far do you want to drive to work, where will you be working, how much do you want to pay, etc.

There's no way we can answer without knowing what you want.

NE PORTLAND

Source(s): MY NIGGAS