Braxton Hicks contractions? What do they feel like? Could this have happened?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I've had an okay pregnancy so far. For a while I was getting these episodes of extreme nausea, dizziness, heart palpitations, shortness of breath and increased temp. All at the same time. Today I felt like my son was scratching my insides on my right side. Not my whole belly, there was no tightening or anything. I'm nervous because it happened at work. Lately work has been stressful but I have no idea what it could be. I honestly thought I was going to have the baby early- it hurt that bad.

Favorite Answer

They feel kinda like menstrual cramps. they are the uterus contracting mildly-practicing for the real thing-labor!!! What you had does not sound like braxton hicks at all-you need to call your doctor right away!!!!`

The symptoms you described sounds like your blood pressure. You need to monitor your blood pressure, and maybe check your blood sugar as well. As far as the pain on your right side it is hard to tell. You get all kinds of aches and pains during pregnancy esp. the further along you get. Braxton Hicks alot of times are painless or at least at first. It can be uncomfortable but it is merely your belling tightening up. Braxton Hicks can be painful though esp in the last month of pregnancy. They are tightening of the abdomen with cramps and/or back pain that comes and goes and is not consistant.

Ok, first off, tell your ob about these "spells" you have been having. They may be a sign of high BP, and that is very bad while preggers. Second, BH contractions feel like a period cramp, and/or a tightening of your belly. You can actually feel your belly during one and it will be rock hard. You may just be feeling the baby pushing on you, it can hurt at times!

that dosent seem like braxton hicks but it could be a rare thing i would talk to youre doctor about it just in case it is something more serious.