How can I make myself WANT to do my homework?

I get straight A's and stuff, but I seriuosly HATE homework. I get myslef to do it, and I always get really good grades too- but I really loathe it, can I do something to get rid of that?

Favorite Answer

make it into a game. time yourself. challenge yourself. just get through it. before you know it, you will have no homework to do for the rest of your life and you'll feel proud for having such a strong will to get you through it.

I'm the same way (put off 30 page AP outlines until the last minute) I don't think there's really anything we can do about it, except of course to suck it up and do it. For awhile I tried the "I'll get it done and have free time later" method but that's very overrated since the work never actually stops, so you can never actually be finished. I suggest you keep doin what your doin, like the say in the military "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

• glurpy

You have a choice in how you see your work. That's the first step--realizing you CAN look at it differently.

Then, once you know you can change it, figure out things you would LIKE to think about it, or at least positive things about your homework. Each time you starting thinking some negative thing, push it aside and replace it with a positive thought.

Look at homework as a stepping stone to greater things. Homework is a "tool" just like school is a "tool".

Ok this is a hart hing but one thig i found was if you make your self stay off the phone and don't watch tv and don't lsitne to the radio, you will get bored and want to do somethign and you will go and do your homeeork

Choose something you really love to do at home, but tell yourself you can't do it 'til you finish your homework. Then reward yourself.

Look into the future. Long term.

think of it as somthing that teachers use to test you......they only give you homework to see if you can handle it