Bank teller job?

I'm 20, I was a teller at X Bank and recently got fired for being inpunctual.

How likely is it to get a job at another bank - CIBC, RBC, BANK OF MONTREAL - without mentioning X Bank as my ex-employer?

Favorite Answer

I would apply at another bank for a part time poisiton and then work my way up to being full time. It's not a good idea to not mention your previous banking position, since a background check will be done.

I would not mention the termination, I would apply at every bank saying that I want to leave the other organization. Your last two pay stubs is enough to show proof that you were working there.

Ask the new institution not to contact the current employer unless they have decided to give you the job. Make sure that you give them the copies of the pay stubs. Site references from another point in your life or friends at your last place of employment.

PS: Don't get yourself caught up it this problem ever again.

Your chances are good!!! You should also mention that you worked at X Bank......, it will show your experiences. You are not required to say why you no longer work there,,,nor is HR allowed to ask why you are no longer employed by them when they call to verify your references.

it is possible, but your record will most likely be there before you realise it, what you need to do is improve your record or you will only keep repeating this over and over eventually running out of choices. the bottom line will end up repeating many times each day "YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT"?