CHARLIE asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

How can I get rid of a burning sensation left-over from a bladder infection??

Favorite Answer

Either the bladder infection is not completely gone, or you could have another condition. Please return to your doctor and explain the problem.

Azo is an over the counter pill that relieves the pain of bladder infections. However, if you are still feeling a burning sensation then your infection is probably not completely cleared up. I would suggest calling the doctor and letting them know so they can prescribe you more anti-biotics.

In the meantime you can get Azo at any supermarket and drink plenty of cranberry juice and water. Cranberry juice will flush out the bacteria.

I am not a doctor, but I have had plenty of bladder infections and it doesn't sound to me like your infection has cleared up completely. Did you take your entire course of medications?

The other thing may be that the antibiotics they prescribed weren't strong enough for you and they may need to put you on a different kind.

In the meantime they sell urinary pain relief tablets in the women's aisle at your local drugstore. Those will numb the pain and burning sensation until you can get an appointment with your doctor.

I hope you feel better!

If it's still burning, your bladder infection may not be gone. Drink TONS of fluids (water & cranberry juice if you like it) to flush out your bladder. If you're in Canada, there is a prescription medication to help urinary pain called Phenazo (pyridium).

Source(s): I'm a pharmacy technician and I have had bladder infections

Did they give you any pyridium? They sell the same thing at the drugstore but they are call AZO urinary relief tablets. It turns your urine dark orange/red but they work. Drinking alot of water helps flush it out too.

Try Advil or Azo wich is a over the counter drug. Drinks LOTS of water. hope you get to feelin better

Source(s): a RN

also try useing apple cider vinger with the mother in some water. most stores sell it with the organic foods. cranberry juice is also very good.

WALMART SELLS IT , ITS CALLED AZO IT MAKES YOU PEE BRIGHT YELLOW, BUT WITH IN 15 MINS, THE PAIN GOES AWAY.. THE BEST OVER THE COUNTER YOU CAN BY. OR FLUSH IT OUT WITH CRANBERRY JUICE AND LOTS OF WATER

cranberry juice

• Bobbi

try drinking cranberry juice. It might help.