To Christians with the little fish on your bumper. Who is that for? I don't care you are a Christian. So is it

for other Christians? Like so you can find each other just like in Rome? Like really? I want to know. It can't be to convert me because, a little fishy isn't converting me. So, like two answers remain, so you guys can find each other, or you are pretentious? Seriously, which is it.

Favorite Answer

it's so that people with the little fish with feet on the backs of their cars can know whose cars to rear end on the highway

It is no different than any other bumper sticker some people like the Dallas Cowboys some people like the New York Yankees, some people like Herbal life. Others just love the Lord. At least they do not put a picture of a chopped off head the symbol of the Muslims.

that is just a symbol to show that you are a beliver, and it actually has meaning, back in biblical times, people would draw half the fish on the ground in passing, and another person would draw the other half, and that is how you knew the other party was a believer. so it is symbolic. i think i explained that right. i hope that i did not confuse you more. but i just wanted you to know that it does have meaning and it did come from someplace.

It is a kind of fellowship with other Christians. But I can see that non-believers are moved by it too, judging from your statement. So if you're ever in Houston and you're behind a black 07 Lexus LS with a little chrome fish on it, guess who?

There is a reference to Christians drawing a fish in the sand to know if the other person is a christian. So in a way it is so we can find each other. We won't feel so lost in the world we live in, we know there are others out there who believe what we do.

• A

Well, I'm not a Christian, but I don't think it has to mean that they are being pretentious. I wear an american atheist pendant, but I would say out of pride for my beliefs (or lack there of lol). People just want to express themselves.

It means the same thing as a cross on your lapel or blouse. It's just making a statement. Like putting a ring in your nose or five studs in your ear. It's not meant to convert or offend. It just says who your are and what you are.

• Dizney

Why are you so offended by a fish? No one is trying to convert you. Do you like the Darwin one better?

I don't have one because I don't want to mess up my car but what's the big deal?

• ?

I don't have one, but they are proudly proclaiming their faith. What is wrong with that? Do you have the same problem w/bumper stickers, or the fish w/ :"Darwin" in it. There is now a a fish with rainbow colors inside for another well known group. Free speech. Deal with it.

That's to let the world know who and what I am. How you or they respond is not my problem.

Besides, I suspect that little fishie has gotten me out of at least a couple of speeding tickets. lol.

What is it with people putting radio station stickers on their car?

People who have bumper stickers?

They put the fish on their car, because that is what they like. They aren't trying to convert anyone.

It's not all about you.