teddysgirl14 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I was wondering if teacup puppy will have more health problems than a normal sized dog?

and can you get a mixed puppy registered?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I have had poodles my whole life, in every size. The most common health issue in the smaller ones is Immunity to disease. they get sick more often because of a poor immune system.

There is no such thing as a "teacup" it is only the runt of the litter or a puppy bred smaller then the breed standard allows. These size pups are more prone to heart, kidney & liver issues as well as structural defects. They also usually have shorter life spans.

There is no legit registry in which to register mixes.

Source(s): veterinary tech for 34 years

Why would you want to register a mixed breed? What's the point? I don't know about the tea cup sized dogs, but I think they would have more problems than a regular sized dog. Check with a vet on that one.

Because of t heir breeding, teacup dogs usually have more health problems than a normal sized dog. Many of them are interbred that create more problems.

Not sure about registering a mixed breed. Depends on who you want to register it with, and what their criteria is.

It is important to watch teacup puppies for signs of hypoglycemia. They also are more prone to infections. Mixed breed dogs cannot be registered.

Most likely yes because they are bred too small. You can not register a mixed breed puppy with any reputable registries.

YES! Teacups have more health problems because they are shrunken. DO NO buy from a breeder who calls them teacups or who breeds for the purpose of unnaturally small dogs.