Is it healthy for Grandma to watch the news 18 hours a day?

Well, actually, 24 hours ... if she doesn't hit the snooze button on the TV.

Favorite Answer

Unless Granny is a detective or a reporter of some kind, no, it is not healthy. My grandmother had a police scanner (don't ask how or where she got it) and she used to listen to everthing that was going on everyday. She used to call family members and friends and let them know what was going on in their neighborhood or if someone they knew was harmed, killed, or committed a crime. It was unbelievable. She was obsessed and everyone knew it. She was that was until she recently passed away. Try to get your Granny interested in other things. Take her to the movies or to dinner every now and then. Maybe the bingo hall would be a fun place for her. It's nice to know that you care enough to be concerned. Good luck to you!

No it's not--but I've seen that happen to older people time and time again. Some are homebound; unable to go outdoors unassisted--others are, apparently, depressed. I would let grandma's doctor know about this--as he or she may be able to help her.

Its better then some of these reality shows