Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What is the maximum amount of weight you can lose in a month?

?

• Karen
    Favorite Answer

I've read everywhere it's recommended you only can lose or should lose 2 pounds of fat a week so that would be about 8 pounds a month. If you lose more than that, you are losing muscle tissue so you don't want to do that.

But the good news is usually the first week of dieting you lose a few extra pounds of water weight, but that does only happen the first week of dieting, so I would say the first month, you might lose an extra few pounds so possibly add 4 or 5 pounds of water weight so a total of 13 pounds weight loss your first month, and and then you should lose only about 8 pounds a month after that.

But I usually find myself having plateau periods also where I stay the same weight and don't lose anything so I have some months where I only lose a pound a week! I really hate that! But the good news is if I stick to it for a few days or a week, then I found myself losing a pound or two after that!

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

depends- what are you doing to lose that wait?