Best, somewhat romantic place to eat in Kalamazoo, MI?

My female companion and I can not be together for Valentine's Day, but there are plans for myself to fly out to her in Kalamazoo the following weekend (16th). She knows the area better than I so things to do won't be a problem, but I am looking for what would be the BEST place to take her for dinner one night. Sorry kids, no marriage proposal here, just looking for a great meal with a wonderful (perhaps casual/semi-formal) atmosphere. In addition, any suggestions for theater/concert areas (jazz, classical, etc) are incredibly appreciated. Thanks for any time or consideration.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bravo! Restaurant & Cafe

5402 Portage Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49002 · 269-344-7700

This elegant restaurant's dining area is punctuated with rich mahogany archways and enchanting fireside tables, giving the place the look and feel of a Tuscan manor. The globe-spanning menu includes such entrees as grilled New Zealand lamb chops with sweet mint glaze, sautéed veal with morels and wild rice risotto, pasta dishes like crab-stuffed ravioli, and delicious wood-fired pizzas - chicken gorgonzola topped with roasted red peppers is a must. Reservations are suggested.

Kalamazoo Civic Theatre

329 S Park St

Kalamazoo, MI 49007

(269) 343-1313

kazoocivic.com

• 1 decade ago

Burdicks Cafe, Oakwood Bistro, Zazios to name a few that I've enjoyed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.