Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What was depicted in the Hebrew Scriptures that came from the Zoroastrian religion?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not much. its said to be a monotheistic religion, but the idea of one supernatural being representing ultimate good and another representing ultimate evil is essentially polytheistic in nature, even if the followers only pray to one of the two.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only similarity between Judaism and Zoroastrianism is that they're both monotheistic. Personally, I think any friend of Zorro is a friend of mine.

• The epic of gilgamesh has parallels with the Noah story.

MArduk vs. Tiamat has some slight parallels in some of the creation stories (incl Genesis and a couple of the creation stories in Psalms)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The belief that there is only one God.

If I remember correctly the Zoroastrian god was Ahura Mazda.

Source(s): _
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dualism of good and evil; monotheism (although Angra Mainyu is actually a god, not a devil in Zoroastrianism).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The concept of the struggle of Good vs. Evil

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the character of satan as zoroastrianism has a devil character in the religion

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the monotheism thing is NOT it because the jews believed that there were many gods, they chose to be loyal to only one and thus expected to be rewarded by that god. it was a deal they made with that god. whenever they broke the deal they got punished. but they were not monthesitic in the sense that they believed that there was only one god. just that their god was superior to the others. this was common in plural god societies.

• 1 decade ago

The big one would be the belief in a single diety.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.