My plastic trash can got caught on fire and melted on my driveway.How do you remove?

The plastic from the concrete.I got most of it off of the driveway some of the pieces from the trash can is stuck to the concrete.

Favorite Answer

Try a pressure washer or an industrial concrete cleaner. You can get both at Home Depot.

You will need a heat gun, like what they strip paint with. (Hair dryer usually won't get hot enough.)

Use an old metal putty knife to scrape it after the heat gun softens it. Clay kitty litter or Oil-Sorb from an auto store should be sprinkled over the hot area as soon as you are done scraping. This will absorb any oils from the plastic. Sweep up and discard the clay after it cools.

melting it will probably make it worse and who knows what noxious fumes will be produced. i would get a fairly wide (2-3") masonry chisel. try to hit it at a flat angle to get up under it. if that doesnt work, get a propane or acytelene torch and try to soften it and then scrape it. it is important that you get a respirator (not one of those paper dust masks) to protect you from the fumes. all this stuff can be found at Ace (is the place). if all else fails, get a sledge hammer a wack it.

put a big bag of ice on it over night and break the plastic off in the morning.

• clouds

I doubt the pressure washer would work.

I suggest calling somebody in your phonebook... just look through the pages and call as many people as you can.

don't use a heat gun or any thing else .buy some dry ice and lay it on the part to be removed.let it set there four about 5 Min's .then hit it with a hammer and shatter it [please ware gloves!!

light it on fire again and burn it off!

• repave ur driveway! XD j/k idk how 2 fix it =/