Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

MEN CHEAT out of ANGER, INSECURITY and FEAR. Any other reasons?

This was the conclusion of a lecture that I saw by a professor at Harvard.

• jude
    Favorite Answer

fear anger and insecurity are some of the reasons, but lust, low morals, bad character, no integrity, lack of compassion, narcissists tendencies, quick judgments, too lazy to problem solve, or have any understanding of consequences. and no loyalty to the spouse.

i love reading all of the answers you "suddenly psychologists" come up with.

First of all, you can't throw all cheating men into the same category. We cheat for several different reasons. Yes some men are just "dogs" and are going to stray no matter what the circumstances are. But there are many other explanations for wandering outside of the relationship. Most men do want sex and would rather get it at home if they could. But if satisfaction is not available in their own bedroom, most will find a willing bedroom to go to on occasion.

There is much more to this subject but this is the only part of the equation I can relate to so I will leave it at that.

#1. People cheat (not just men)

#2. An insecure person will probably only cheat with one person and try to establish a relationship in case what they have falls apart.

#3. A person who has anger or fear will probably grab the first partner they can get to lay down with them. This is "getting back" at the other person.

WHY DO I KEEP HEARING THAT JUST MEN CHEAT?????

THAT IS JUST REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of Professor was that? A Prof. of Moronity?

Men cheat because they don't get the Feeling they need from nasty & jaded women!

It's easy as that!

Men cheat because they like to feel like: more appriciated and not just a warm body that brings home a paycheck...!

A woman MUST HAVE HER PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, "IF" she wants a relationship to ACTUALLY WORK FOR "BOTH"!

1) HUSBAND

2) CHILDREN

3) HERSELF!

Otherwise woman must suffer THE REALITY that there are more than ONE WOMAN in this World!

Other Mothers bore nice Girls too, you know!

Jeez!

the professor seemed to miss a very important part of the complexity of the male of our species. values and morals come into play very strongly in a relationship. sure anyone can be angry but does that always lead him to cheat? nope. any man can feel insecure about himself or a situation, but does that always lead him to cheat? nope. fear of what? losing his sex appeal to the opposite sex?

a man must have strong character strength. integrity. faith in something. this is what will keep him on the straight and narrow when he becomes angry, insecure or afraid.

tell your professor to begin to truly delve into the subject and include that which so many people have turned their backs on in this the 21st century - values.

WELL, OBVIOUSLY THAT PROFESSOR DID NOT SEE THE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION YESTERDAY.

THE MAJORITY SAID MEN CHEAT FOR SEX AND THAT'S ABOUT IT. SOME GUY SAID IT WAS ALSO FOR INSECURITIES AT HOME AND I GAVE HIM MY BEST ANSWER, BECAUSE I FELT HE WAS THE ONLY MAN WHO HADTHE BALLS TO ANSWER WITH THE TRUTH.

I THINK THE PROF HAD SOME TRUTH TO IT, THOUGH. EMOTIONS HAVE LAYERS AND ANGER IS A LAYER OF FEAR. BUT I'M NOT SURE WHERE THE INSECURITY COMES IN....

Stupidity

• Brent

Jack Assyness.

First off cheating is a choice, second there is never a reason for cheating on someone.

I say they do it to:

Boost ego/self esteem

Satisfy a need for sex they aren't getting

Feel attractive/desirable

For excitement

To feel important

Whether or not guys actually do depends on a combination of how well their wife takes care of them and how well grounded in morals they are.