if I eat healthy every day of the week, is it okay to binge eat all my favorite foods like cake for 1 day?

i work out about 4-5 days a week

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

is it ok, yes...

I recommend having "cheat days" to most people who follow strict diets but that are also having a lot of success in meeting their fitness goals.

some people constantly crave sweets and fat foods all the time, others do not. if you get cravings, then by all means eat up.

Source(s): BS Exercise Science IFPA Certified Master Trainer 25+ years of resistance training experience 17 years of martial arts training
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

It's great that you recognize you have an eating disorder, and I sincerely hope you are being honest when you say you are getting help. Unfortunately, I don't believe you because you would know 300 calories every other day is not enough calories for you to survive - if you continue eating like that you will die whether you binge eat once a week or not. Such a small amount of energy each day robs your heart and body of the calories it needs to function putting it in "starvation mode" and damaging your organs(HEART!!!). Instead of burning fat and losing weight, your body will store fat in a desperate attempt to keep you alive. If you want to lose weight see a doctor who can tell you how many calories a day you need to maintain your weight and then eat 500 calories less than that amount daily. Combine that with a good exercise program and you will safely lose weight even if you do binge eat once a week. Everybody splurges once in a while, but drastically cutting calories the way you describe to make up for it is dangerous and ineffective.

• 1 decade ago

Yes; this is actually recommended. Check out the book "Body for Life" and you'll see that you can eat anything you want for a day and still lose weight. As long as you're good the rest of the week, it should not affect your healthy lifestyle.......

• 1 decade ago

Why do you want to punish yourself?

No, to pig-out on anything isn't healthy.

Moderation in everything, even exercise,

and you will live a long life.

Cut back a little on some other things and eat

a little of some of your favorites all week.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • S H
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You'll most likely feel bloated and sick if you did it ALL day, but it will be ok to do so.

• 1 decade ago

it's ok but just not so much that you overload and get sick. and it would be advisable to eat it in portions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it would be okay but you probably won't lose weight...idk if thats your goal or not but you should be fine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.