Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Is it just me, or has the next generation's taste in music awful?

Call me old-fashioned, but pop rock is awful. I hate it. Some songs are good, but most are just a beat and some drum solos. Are there any sane people our there? People who like actual music?

(Actual music is anything BUT pop rock.)

Okay, I might be being a little harsh. But it seems like it's all the same these days. Also, I'm not turning into my parents. I'm in MIDDLE SCHOOL. I'M the next generation. :-p Thanks for your opinion anyway.

• A Girl
    Favorite Answer

okay, you have your own opinion and i have mine.

but please don't express it in a way that demeans pop music.

and "actual music" how can it not be actual music when it comes from the heart???? u tell me.

everyone seems to feel this way about the New music. and in another 20 years, the people of today will be complaining about the new "lame "music.

i hate Pop and Rap music, i am a 80's music fan. Alice Cooper, and Ozzy, and the speed Metal bands of the late 70's and early 80's are my favourite. however i also like Opera. go figure

Pop music along with Rap have become very sexual. It's one thing for Elvis to shake his hips, but next thing you know the music videos will show people having sex.

I prefer the music of my parent's generation or older ethnic music. I really didn't appreciate my generations music until the newer music started becoming popular.

• Laura

Every generation says that about the next's music. Your parents said it about yours and now you are saying it.

when Moses was afar off THEY could hear the music of his people and made the comment that they sounded like they were going to war.

this implies how BAD it was.

i like christian Maranatha Praise from the 80's

I also like AfterGlow with Kevin peay

but i was raised on Rock n Roll and country.

and at the same i always hated Classical, becuase it sounds just like NOISE to me.....

No, it's not just you. It's everyone. Every single generation has thought that of the next. I'm only 34 and I think that.

The next generation's taste in anything is awful, because it is different to yours. You are turning in to your parents.

my children like all kinds of music.

my 7 yr old likes everything from songs like "the lions sleep tonight"-elvis-country-and even jams to the blues.

my 10 yr old is worse and listens to classical (bach, etc), country, blues, and 60's-90's music.

i think my kids fell into a time warp, but they are great kids and i think i will keep them.

• gawd0

Yeah- they like that whiney, emotional crap that all sounds the same. They're not teaching music students to be individuals any more.