I need help with my cell phone?

I have a samsung SCH-a850. How do i tell if it got wet or submerged in water

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Take out the battery and look in the back of the phone for a sticker. I think on that model, it's a circle that has purple print on it. It the phone has been wet, the sticker will just look white. If it hasn't been wet, you'll be able to see the purple print. I think that there is an indicator on the battery as well, but I'm not positive.

EDIT: DazzleMe below me is referring to the water indicators used by Motorola. I'm pretty sure the Samsung stickers have purple print on them that bleed out and turn white when they get wet. LG uses a different sticker as well. The whole gets pretty confusing. You could always just take it into a cell phone store and ask them.

• 1 decade ago

take the battery out,if there is a red dot on the water exchange.( the square like cut out ) behind the battery,than it shows water damage

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

put it in a clear, sealed container and let it sit in the sunshine or under a sunlamp.

Any moisture should then condense on the sides of the container.

Is this a trick question?

• if it feels rather wet it might have been wet. also, if it is broken, it probably also get wet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

go to the company you got it from. they shoukld be able to tell

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

stick up ur ***

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.