I need help with my cell phone?

I have a samsung SCH-a850. How do i tell if it got wet or submerged in water

Favorite Answer

Take out the battery and look in the back of the phone for a sticker. I think on that model, it's a circle that has purple print on it. It the phone has been wet, the sticker will just look white. If it hasn't been wet, you'll be able to see the purple print. I think that there is an indicator on the battery as well, but I'm not positive.

EDIT: DazzleMe below me is referring to the water indicators used by Motorola. I'm pretty sure the Samsung stickers have purple print on them that bleed out and turn white when they get wet. LG uses a different sticker as well. The whole gets pretty confusing. You could always just take it into a cell phone store and ask them.

take the battery out,if there is a red dot on the water exchange.( the square like cut out ) behind the battery,than it shows water damage

put it in a clear, sealed container and let it sit in the sunshine or under a sunlamp.

Any moisture should then condense on the sides of the container.

Is this a trick question?

• if it feels rather wet it might have been wet. also, if it is broken, it probably also get wet.

go to the company you got it from. they shoukld be able to tell

stick up ur ***