Is there a proper business etiquette abbreviation for the word "attached" as written in an email?

There are a lot of consonants, so traditional abbreviations (att'd?) seem less useful. How about "atx?"

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the correct abbreviation is "att." You normally do this at the end of a formal letter, like "enc."

Since we are talking about email, why would you need to abbreviate it in the first place? It's only a difference of four characters. If typing it is a big deal, cut and paste.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Abbreviation For The Word Business

• 1 decade ago

Being "old school," I try to never use abbreviations ... even in e-mail, and particularly if it is business related. No sense letting an associate or client observe my lax use of the English language. It's not necessary and shows a lack of consideration for the recipient.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

possibly it became meant as a comedian tale. Be flattered. yet no longer worried. Why? no possible do something to you till you enable them to. this could be a direct mail, a joker, a weirdo, a stalker. So, by using responding to the e mail you inspire this guy or woman to be in spite of he/she is. terrific reaction isn't any reaction and block. in case you respond to this e mail you're giving them permission to be a peculiar and wonderful in the direction of you. particularly the "panty" bit ought to ring an alarm bell. yet another e mail like this, checklist it to the sys admin. they are able to music the place the mail got here from.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont think so. i would just spell the word out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.