Shira
Shira asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

What is you opinion on Bush's 2007 State of the Union speech?

Just wondering what everybody thought of what Bush had to say.

Favorite Answer

I liked it. I think it's a good way to show he's willing to work with the democrats to settle some domestic issues. I also liked the fact that the Dems gave him a standing ovation on a lot of these domestic issues. It shows that both sides are willing to work together. as far as Iraq, I'm with him on that. I think he knows quite a bit more about the situation there than the average citizen that gets their information from the media. I'm willing to give it a chance. It sounds much better to me than giving up. I also think the disapproval from Congress is going to play a key factor in his plans succeeding. The disapproval has shown the Iraqi govt. that our commitment is not open ended and they are waking up and willing to take care of business. This gives our soldiers the opportunities to do what they are trained to do. I have to admit, The Bush Administration was very clever when they thought up this new plan. Go USA.

politics as usual.

lessee - how many past presidents were going to reduce federal spending, balance the budget and get rid of pork-barrel (ear-marking) projects???

OH, sure we had 1.7 million new jobs created (they say), but does that figure take into account all the jobs lost to outsourcing, plant closings, other layoff, etc.???

and oh gee - 1.7 million is a whopping number when the estimated population of the U.S. is almost 300 million???

Everyone clapped during the speech, but here we are a day later and they are already 'fighting' again. (along partisan lines I must add, something Dem. Nancy Pelosi said she would get rid of. So, obviously she was talking for herself and not the Democratic Party.).

• .

Shorter than other speeches I've seen. Sen. Webb gave a good rebuttal to the State of the Union.

Non compelling, and he looked scared. Has the last 2-3 weeks. He did not offer any plan that I heard that had any substance to it. They are weak domestic plans, just like his war, it is weak.

The worst State of the Union Address I have ever heard. I am 54. More than likely worst in History.

No presidents write their own speeches people, Every president has a minimum of three speech writers on his staff.

to tell u the truth it was extremely boring and I was disappointed because American Idol was canceled last night because of the speech. Ridiculous.. Bush doesnt even write his own speeches.

George Bush is a calamitous, appaling, frugal, disdainful man. He is a **** tart!

It was a really bad speach and bush is a liar and murderer and all wat he said in state unio speech was 100 percent lie and people were clapping

I didnt think much of it because hes a liar.....and why was everyone clapping ?