how do i convice my mom to let m stay home sick??

i actually do have a very sore throat and i am extremellllllly tired and i just need a day off!! but my mom never lets me skip school!!

• sglmom
    Favorite Answer

YOU don't get to 'convince' your mother to LET you stay home sick .. and the way to NOT be tired is to go to bed EARLY and get plenty of sleep!

Source(s): Your mother CARES about you, Loves you, and wants you to succeed, that is why she is emphasizing the IMPORTANCE of Schooling to you at this time. GO TO SCHOOL! If you have a Sore Throat .. then yes, she can take you to a Doctor and ask (and they could provide some medicine if needed). BUT GO TO SCHOOL! Personal experience as a Long Term Single Parent who dealt with her own children throughout the years. Now I am finally an Empty-Nesting Single Retiree .. and yes, able to start ENJOYING life ... without hearing 'complaints' from the children about 'why do I have to go to school .. I am too tired ...", etc (and they would stay up and I'd have to put away the Video Games, restrict their use of the computer, stop the TV Viewing, etc ALL to get them to GO TO BED so they would not be tired the next day in school. Been there, done that .. GO TO SCHOOL!

If your sick and your mom is less then happy with you being at home.Go to school and at first period ask to go to the nurses office, Tell her you are ill and ask her to call your mom to come and get you. As a mom I would be seen as a bad parent to the school to say leave her there. You ger your way and your not faking it RIGHT! so, it will tell your mom that you have a right to be ill just as she stays home from work when she is.

Hope you feel better soon

Tracylyn S.

• Jane

If you are seriously sick, you really should stay home. It really bothers me when parents send their kids to school knowing they are sick and exposing the other kids.

But if you are just saying you are sick to skip school, your mom is right in making you go.

Maybe ask her to see if you have a fever to prove to her that you really are sick.

Go to bed, it's early!!! Seriously give that a try and eat some chicken soup. If you were older I would suggest a shot of Jim Bean, but oh well.

you need to ask her to call the well being care expert and between the people on the telephone can help diagnose what you have. possibly as quickly as your mom hears a diagnosis, she would be in a position of have faith you. i wish you experience greater desirable, dude!

I don't recommend coughing in her face..... just ask her if you can go to the doctor. maybe then she will realize you're not kidding and will allow you to rest at home.

Thats because she knows gaining a good education is wat will land u with a good job u need to go to school.

• ok tell your om u dont feel good and tell her that your throut hurts so much that u cant swallow it