Jambalaya dinner suggestions?

I'm serving Jambalaya and would like good suggestions for cajun sides and dessert please.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jambalaya is a great one-dish meal as it is a rice dish that has many vegetables and meats/seafood in it. That said, you might want to make a side pot of Gumo Z'Herbes (vegetarian gumbo) to serve as a soup/starter course or a pot of collard greens. Mirliton (also known as chayote) is also a typical Cajun vegetable. A nice salad would probably be plenty though with a loaf of bread.

For dessert you cannot go wrong with pralines or beignets. While beignets are more typically served as a breakfast food they'd make a fine dessert and would keep with your cajun/New Orleans theme. Sadly, my homemade recipe did not come out as good as the mix that I bought from Cafe du Monde - lol.

Enjoy your get together and Laissez les bon temps rouler!

• 1 decade ago

My husband(a born & bread cajun), serves it with plain rice and a loaf of french bread. Right now is Mardi Gras season, so King's cake is a great dessert, but can take time.

• 1 decade ago

greens au vin

2 bunches fresh greens salt

1.5 cups sauterne wine fresh hot pepper

olive oil cayenne pepper

clean greens by washing them 3 times, cover bottom of pot with1/8 inch olive oil place greens in pan pour wine over them. put chopped pepper in pot as well, add one teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt to taste, cook until greens are tender and seasoning has permeated them, add water if needed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.