Why is my credit card denied?

I'm trying to register my daughter an account and from what the information it asking it says it needs my credit card information for age purposes. I put in my credit card and it gets denied. If its for age purposes why was my card denied. Wouldn't it be easier just to ask for the adults birthdate? This... show more I'm trying to register my daughter an account and from what the information it asking it says it needs my credit card information for age purposes. I put in my credit card and it gets denied. If its for age purposes why was my card denied. Wouldn't it be easier just to ask for the adults birthdate? This way no one would be to concerned about putting out that information. If you ask for credit card information for birtdate purposes people think they'll get charged for doing that. I don't think you should ask for credit card information if all you need is verification of the adults birthdate. I would like to sign my daughter up on yahoo but it seems like it more trouble than its worth to bother with it. Is there another way I can sign my daughter up without using my credit card information?
4 answers 4