Teaching Approaches, Teaching Methods and Teaching Techniques. How can we define what each of these are?

One of my collegues is studying better teaching. She wants to know what the difference is between the approach, a method and what the techniques are. I've been teaching for more than two decades but don't really know how to define each of these things. I've always just used my instinct depending on each... show more One of my collegues is studying better teaching. She wants to know what the difference is between the approach, a method and what the techniques are. I've been teaching for more than two decades but don't really know how to define each of these things. I've always just used my instinct depending on each given situation. She wants to teach better and I can only give my own personal experience. That doesn't mean I know how to define or classify how I do it. Who has something to offer?
5 answers