what is the best dishwasher to buy?

Favorite Answer

Whirlpool, which is also Maytag...I like mine, it bigger enough inside to handle the larger items, its quite and the price is good...

I have gone through 3 dishwashers: 2 GEs and 1 Whirlpool. Each one made to the suggested lifetime of 10 to 12 years. Just 2 weeks I bought my 4th, a Bosch, and so far I love it! SS tub, so quiet I have to go into the kitchen and stand by the dishwasher to see if it's working, and it's energy efficient--no hot air drying at all. In fact the only thing that ruined my purchase was that I got it from Sears--the worse shopping experience I have ever had!!

Be aware that there are only 3 major appliance manufacturers now in the country. Almost all the brands mentioned in your answers: Kenmore, Whirlpool and Maytag have been bought out and are now manufactured by Electrolux. (To verify this do a Goggle search for "who are the major appliance manufacturers.")

I think Kenmore is a safe choice but go to the public library and look in the Consumer Repors on dishwashers to see if they think one Kenmore is a lot better than another. Of course, then you have to decide on cost. Noise and cleaning were the two important things to me. We have a 5 yr old Whirlpool that cleans very well, is very quiet, but has broken twice. Fortunately, we bought a maintenance contract. I won't do Whirlpool again.

Definitely Kenmore from Sears.

Maytag..as I have one and I never had a problem with it and I have had it for over 20 years.

your son or daughter(lol) no honestly i own a Kenmore and it works fantastic

anything but GE they stink everything they make for homes dont work right or break fast.