I heard today that the law in states let someone divorce for not being happy?

The other party does even not have to sign... You can just get a no fault divorce and you dont even have to reason for it! I think this sucks ... Why even marry if you can get divorced this easy. What do you think of this? Do you think this is fair or right? I want input and responses to this? What is this world coming to? Do vows mean anything anymore? Why even get married if you do not plan on staying married or working at it. To me why even waste the time to get married if you can get divorced and out of it that easy. I want to hear your opinions on this one. What do you think and feel about this and why?

Favorite Answer

Why is getting married so easy? I have more of a problem with that than quickie divorces. Why are the parties in a divorce required to fully disclose, finances etc. but not BEFORE the marriage? I'd rather see financial statements and background checks that the blood tests still required for venereal disease!

Marriage is no more than what two people believe it is-we have no control over what others do(The bachelor-type shows, etc). The best we can do is pay attention to our own-and if one person gives up on it, you might as well let them go...

That is not news. Old stuff.

I agree people give up WAY too easily on marriage. HOWEVER if one person is just simply not interested and abandons the marriage, what else can the other person do? Imprison them? They can frustrate the divorce process but they cannot stop it.