What do you get a better income tax refund with a child or a house?

we live in new york state and my husband says owning a house will get you a better tax break.i say a child and claiming head of household will give more of a tax break.we both make together around 150k a yr.the house we would buy would be around 300k with 20% down.now before i get any anger answers we do not plan... show more we live in new york state and my husband says owning a house will get you a better tax break.i say a child and claiming head of household will give more of a tax break.we both make together around 150k a yr.the house we would buy would be around 300k with 20% down.now before i get any anger answers we do not plan on having a child just for tax reasons we are not planning to have any.this is just a argument my husband and i had and i think i'm right and he thinks hes wrong.