What kinds of healthy snacks do your kids eat?

I'm running out of ideas for healthy snacks for my kids. We are getting bored with granola, yogurt, popcorn, pretzels and fruit. Any new ideas?

Favorite Answer

-Make a couple PB&J sandwiches and a couple meat and cheese sandwiches and cut them into fourths. Set them out on a plate and let the kids have a few.

-Make a fruit salad with mandarin oranges, diced pineapples, and halved strawberries.

-Make a veggie tray with broccoli heads, cauliflower, celery sticks, and baby carrots and set out some ranch dip for them to dip them in.

-Sliced apples with caramel or peanut butter is good too.

-Make a trail mix type thing with dry cereal, raisins, peanuts, and baby marshmallows.

• Audrey

They actually conveniently make a lot of healthy food in snack sizes. Take a walk down the cereal aisle or the health food aisle the next time you are at the grocery store to have a look for yourself. Everyday after school my mom leaves my sister out a snack. She tries to keep it healthy. Lately my sister (who is 12) LOVES to eat these Special K Snack bars as her snack. The chocolate ones are her favorite, and they are only 90 calories per pack. Rice cakes are also a good healthy snack. Quaker (as in the Quaker Oatmeal Brand) sells them in little individualized packets in several different flavors so both of your kids can be satisfied. My sister loves the buttered popcorn ones, and I love to munch on the cinnamon ones. Those are also only about 80-90 calories per little packet. These are just a few ideas. I'm sure once you hit the grocery store, you will be able to come up with a few ideas of your own based on the selection you see. Contrary to popular belief, just because it's healthy, doesn't mean it tastes bad. There is a lot of healthy stuff out there that tastes great. You are bound to find something your kids will eat. Good luck!

Well I'm Not A Parent Yet, But I Babysit. Most Of There Parents Have Them Eat Banana's And Yogurt Depending On Age. And Water And Some Juice. They Eat Apples And Celery And Blue Cheese.

When I Babysat My Neice She Ate Ham And Turkey Alone. With Some Pudding And Water. Well Good Luck=]

• nimo22

My daughter loves apple slices with peanut butter and banana with peanut butter. This is a good snack for energy: get some sliced bread, preferably wheat, toast it, put on some peanut butter and slices of bananas, then sprinkle with cinnamon. It's a good mix of protein and carbs. For a quick snack between school and her dance class I give her some Wheat Chex mixed with honey-nut Cheerios.

Celery with blue cheese or peanut butter

baked potatoes

broccoli with ranch

baked chips

sweet potato chips

trail mix or other dried fruit

peanuts

cashews or almonds

angel food cake it sorta healthy, I give this as a treat

trail mix (with m+m's to make it appealing)

oatmeal cookies

cereal

homemade breads (banana with chocolate chips inside!!)

celery and cream cheese

toast (cinnamon)

pita bread toasted with hummus

small salad

chips and salsa

frozen yogurt

for more suggestions (some are the same i had) try the following link:

http://www.nbc4.tv/backtoschool/2329811/detail.htm...

I think it's great that you keep your food healthy because many parents don't. keep it up!!

We do ants on a log - celery with peanut butter and raisins on top, carrot sticks, cheese sticks (cheddar and string cheese) and cucumber slices or sticks.

my son like baby carrots plain

granola bars

any kind of cereal

peanut butter with honey on crackers

my son is a garbage gut and will eat anything

• mmd

my youngest (6 years) loves pita bread stuffed with salad...blue cheese dressing..

She's an odd kid...would rather have a dill pickle than an ice cream cone.

• KathyS

Smoothies

Apples dipped in peanut butter

carrots and dip

cheese and crackers