Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how to repair a moen faucet?

how do i repair a moen kitchen single handle faucet

6 Answers

  • Drew P
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Depends on what is wrong with it. If it is leaking underneath you may want to check your connection line to the faucet. If it is leaking up top you may want to make sure that your handle is connected tight enough. If it is leaking from inside the faucet then you may need to take it appart and replace a simple washer.

    There are so many Moen single handled faucets (and other faucets) that I would recommend going to a hardware store (or other home improvement store) for a simple $12.95 plumbing book. It will go over faucets (all types) as well as other plumbing needs and it is well worth the 13 bucks.

    Best of luck to you.

  • 1 decade ago

    first, turn the water to the faucet off under the sink. next remove the set screw under the handle and remove the handle. then remove the cap nut and the spout. the model number should be on the back of the spout collar. write it down and go get the cartridge repair kit from a plumbing supply house or a better hardware store. with a wrench, remove the cartridge from the faucet, clean the water and any crud out. lube and install the cartridge, and reassemble it. good luck, hope this helps.

    Source(s): moen is one of the better faucets, the parts don't change much from model to model.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    to expand a little on what car dude says .when you get the handle off u will see a u shaped pin pull it out now usually the only way to get the cartridge out is to put a pair of vice grips one the brass stem on pull like hell try to work the stem up and down eventually it will come out .its probably a 1225 cartridge .when u install it grease it with plumbers grease .when u put it back in it mite be 190% off [] just turn the cart rage one half turn reinstall

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Get a seal replacement kit at Home Depot.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • morris
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Often it's just simply easier to replace them, it's not that much money.

  • 1 decade ago

    Depends on what is wrong, is it leaky broken what?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.