Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

I just bought pillsbury crescent rolls last night?

Is there any sort of filling I can put inside it before I bake them? Does anyone have any suggestions?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This recipe has been described by my coworkers as the most heavenly dessert they have ever tasted....it is wonderful!!!!

Apple Dumplings

2 cans crescent rolls

4 apples

1 stick marg

1 1/4 c sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1 can mountain dew

Peel apples and cut into 4 wedges each....then slice each wedge into 3 slices...Wrap 3 slices in a crescent roll...place in 9 x 13 baking dish.be sure to spray with nonstick spray)...melt margarine, stir in sugar and cinnamon. Spoon this mixture over the rolls...then pour the mountain dew over all...bake 40-45 minutes @ 350 degrees....You won't believe how great these are...

Creme cheese crescents

2 cans crescent rolls

2 8 oz creme cheese--softened

1 cup granulated sugar

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with pam...spread 1 can crescent out to cover bottom of pan....push edges together so you don't have any holes in them....

creme the cream cheese and sugar together...spread over rolls..(.leave about 1/8 cup of mixture in bowl...this is for frosting for later) spread the 2nd can of rolls over this mixture...bake 25-30 minutes at 350 until golden....

while they are baking.....add 1 cup confectioners sugar and 3 tbls milk to the mixture you left in the bowl.....when rolls come out of oven....dollop this on and spread over...frosting them....these are yummy and prep time is only about 10 minutes

2 cans crescent rolls

filling----brown 1 lb pork sausage and drain really well....

fold in 8 oz creme cheese (softened) and 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

spoon mixture into crescent rolls and bake according to directions on rolls.....this is a good breakfast sandwich...or an appetizer for a shower or party.....you can cut them in half to make them go farther

you can keep these in fridge for few days...remove and warm as you need them....or even use just 1 can of rolls at a time....save the mixture for couple of days in fridge and bake the 2nd can a few days later

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I tried these easy "pigs in a blanket" recently. Kids love them. Cut a lengthwise slit in a hot dog, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place a piece of cheese of your choice in the slit. Roll up the hot dog in a crescent roll. Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 12 -15 minutes or until the roll is done. Good with a nice bowl of soup.

• 1 decade ago

Crescent rolls are a staple at my house...Yummy! Try cutting cream cheese into small cubes, wrap c. rolls around, roll in cinnamon & sugar, stack in bundt pan and drizzle with butter before baking. Gourmet Monkey Bread!

• 4 years ago

I didn't know French girls were especially touchy- do they have the nervous temperaments of poodles? I usually stay away from tubed bread products. Crescent Rolls tubes are round coffins for curiously-disposed-of Pillsbury Dough Boy's earthly remains.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you like cherries, you could put a little bit of cherry pie filling in the middle and roll up and usual and sprinkle with a little bit of powdered sugar, then bake as the package directs.

Source(s): recipezaar.com
  • Julzz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I like to take a can of chicken breast mix in a a few tablespoons of salsa,1 tablespoon of chopped green chilies and some shredded colby or mexican blend cheese. Mix all of this together then fill roll and bake the rolls. yummmmmmmm!

Don't use too much salsa though or they will become soggy.

• 1 decade ago

Possibly some type of cheese, or a combination of maybe shredded cheese and chopped cooked ham or cooked hamburger. Just to be different, how about some chocolate chips rolled inside for a dessert , serve with whipped cream.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We cut up wieners up small & slice them down the centre & add some brick cheese..then roll them up & bake..good kids snack

• 1 decade ago

Sharp cheese, Nutella, extra butter, ham and mozzarella, cheddar and broccoli... anything that doesn't require actual cooking (prepare ahead of time) and just needs heating. Enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

I put ham and cheddar cheese in mine, spinach and feta cheese is good too. Just make sure you seal it up good and pinch any openings where the cheese can leak out, and dont overcook them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.