Army benefits after medical discharge?

my son-in-law may be getting a medical discharge from the army in the next few months. he suffered a separated shoulder while firing a weapon and now this happens each time he tries to fire one. he has been in less than a year and was supposed to be deployed to iraq in march. he and my daughter tell me he will... show more my son-in-law may be getting a medical discharge from the army in the next few months. he suffered a separated shoulder while firing a weapon and now this happens each time he tries to fire one. he has been in less than a year and was supposed to be deployed to iraq in march. he and my daughter tell me he will still get his education benefits and some others once he is discharged, i am not so sure. can someone give us some idea what will happen with all this once he is discharged?
Update: ;ty for the info....he and my daughter are only 18---crazy kids had to get married before he shipped out and now seem to be facing a very uncertain future.