Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 1 decade ago

Anyone know of any restaraunts that have gluten free options? Any websites with a list of restaraunts?

I just found out that I'm a celiac and I want to try eating out (haven't in two years)...anyone know of any websites that might list safe restaraunts, or restaurants with gluten-free options? I live in California, by the way. If you have any advice or suggestions or knowledge...it'd be appreciated. :)

Favorite Answer

Hello I too have Celiac Disease, the good new is when I visited California I had several options. If you like Chinese, definately PF Changs, Outback also has a Gluten Free Menue, Legal Seafood has a Gluten Free Menu. If you have not checked out the celiac.com website, I would recommend that you do, it offers a message board and I received several gluten free dining tips from those who live in California when I visited. I am not sure which part of Ca. you are from, when I visited I went to a great Mexican Rest. in Coronado, the Manager there was extremely helpful with my entire meal and it was great. If you haven't already you may want to contact the Celiac Society in California, they were really helpful as well. Again, I don't know your area but there was a great place in Redondo Beach, like a fish and Rib place that really worked out for me as well, I cannot remember the name but it was within walking distance from the Best Western Hotel.

I hope some of this helps, I too was diagnosed about two years ago, it is difficult to eat in Restaurants, but I have been having great success, I usually find a few local places and stick with them. If you ever visit the New York area the is a great place in NYC called Risotteria they serve all Gluten Free Foods, including Pizza. Good luck and God Bless.

PS-Have you tried the Whole Foods Market, they have Gluten Free Take Out items and they are good as well. Sadly our closest one is about 45 minutes away, but worth the trip!

1

Source(s): Paleo Recepies eBook http://netint.info/CompletePaleoRecipeGuide

One amazing restaurant is Outback Steakhouse. I myself have been diagnosed with Celiac for four years and completely understand how frustrating it is. They have had a menu for over five years and it is available on-line and almost every place has a copy.

Also, if you go to the different restaurant websites(of ones near you place) they may have some information on line. So many of them have had requests for this and have been working hard to get a thing together. There are also a couple of sites on line that have lists of some places.

But I would recommend calling a restaurant before going and speaking with the manager. Also, stick with oil and vinegar on the salads with no croutons. if you have any questions, you can email me: Cassied0174@yahoo.com

hope this was some help for you.

Print this out and bring with you too!:

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/pdf/GFRAP-car...

I don't know about restaurants, but if you haven't already check out www.glutenfree.com. It has recipes as well as groceries that you can buy. It has items like bread, cereal and pasta as well as heat and eat meals. Best of luck!

Did you already tried using Paleo Recipe Book mechanism? Check out at this place : http://Get.PaleoFoodGuides.com . It may obviously instruct each and every one!

Paleo diet its a diet based around eating real food unprocessed