Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Do you think Energy sector will extend its gains or oil will revisit the $50 level?

Will it get below $50?

I am sure oil will come back again on a long run, I am curious about next few days.

As for all commodities ... not sure. I think gold for example will go down this year -- all banks are fighting inflation

Actually ... I found the answer I was looking for in ... the MSN Weather, thank you very much!

I already profited from the $50-55 jump and am currently flat waiting to see which way oil will go next few days.

Interesting responce from 'investor' but off the point.

No best answer -- leaving it for voting.

Favorite Answer

Long term - yes. Energy sector and oil are going to see higher levels. In the mean time oil producers will try to suppress the price so that new energy (ethanol, other biofuels, wind power, etc.) will not have that big of an advantage.

Betting on the energy companies rather than the price of oil is something I like better since these will be the companies that are already trying and will try harder to rip the benefits of 'new energy'. Most if not all of the likes of BP, Shell, Exonn are after solar power, wind power, bio-fuels. Who is going to sell the ethanol and the bio-diesel or the hydrogen at the stations? Them of course.

and you buy the oil on this latest weather splurge and you will be in serious trouble. Oil is NOT going to make a big jump for a few more months.

Oil will only reach that price again, once it becomes obsolete. As with almost any other commodity in the world, prices will only continue to rise in the future.

• ?

Energy is and will always be a good investment, You invest for the long term not for the next few days.