Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Anyone into/or used to wear ,Mary-Jane shoes ??

Dressy shoes or not ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

there are so many different styles within the Mary-Jane category.. the key to making it dressy is to have a nice stiletto heel ..designers like charles david and marc jacobs make the best Mary-Janes for an older woman b/c no one wants to look like a 2 year old from the ankle down

• Emilie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

In the 1920's they made a shoe for a man called a "spat". it looked just like a mary jane only like a "high-top" mary jane. People could bring the actual maryjanes back into style for men

• 1 decade ago

I have mary jane heels by a company called Sarah Janes. They are my favorite shoes.

• 1 decade ago

totally great. especially if you can find a pair that have that 1920's flapper look. you can dance in them. if you want them to be dressy, get them with a heel. if you want to do casual, get those new slexible cloth or suede maryjanes that are almost like little ballet slippers... they look great with a short skirt and leggings !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes , they are dressy shoes I actually got me some and wore them in my wedding.They are sexy as hell , also they are advertised with very erotic sexy clothing places that sell women's lingerie.

Lustyln

• 1 decade ago

i like them.. they look great with leggings and a simple dress to be casual, but u can wear them with just about anything.. dressy and not.. it is up to u!

• 1 decade ago

i hate maryjane shoes

I refused to send my daughter to a upscale private school because i would not make anyone wear anything so ugly!

• 1 decade ago

ummmmm Anthropologie has gr8 mary janes and peep toes....

http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=15264...

http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=13690...

i personally h8 mary janes sooo mary janes for me will always b an out

stay gorgeous,

Lollie

• 1 decade ago

nope

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i had to because of private school only black leather

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.