What is the best internet access plan?

What is the best internet access plan? I want one that is fast enough to play videos on you tube and download music quickly from limewire, but I kinda need it under $20 dollars a month and not just for like the first 12 months...PLEASE HELP ME!!! lol.

Best Answer

It depends on what is available in your area. Go to your phone company's website and your cable company's website to see if they offer internet access plans, and search for 'broadband locater' or something like that to find if there are any other local players. Then do the research to find out the downstream and upstream bandwidth that each offers, and their prices, and their monthly limits if any (you don't want a service that has a monthly usage limit). In my area, you can get a 1.5M/384K plan from AT&T for $20 per month. Not very fast, but not expensive either.

For reference, when using file sharing programs like bittorrent, your upstream bandwidth matters more than your downstream. 384Kbps is considered slow, 768 is better, and any higher is rare with cable and dsl.

I don't think you'll have very much luck in finding a plan at that price for the specific needs you mentioned . Sure you might find a good speed at that price, but I reckon the contract and data usage will be limited. (which probably won't be enough for frequently playing video's or downloading music etc.. ).

In my opinion, you're describing a plan that's something like 512/128k 8GB (which starts around $40 on a 'no contract' plan) from a decent ISP. This plan would be a great starting point for you.

*Tip* Try using the search features across at a site like Broadband Guide for a plan like the one I just mentioned.

http://www.broadbandguide.com.au/

Good Luck ;)

Source(s): years of experience with internet and broadband plans + http://www.broadbandguide.com.au/

Netzero.com now has DSL. It's $14.95 per month for the first 6 months, then $19.95 per month thereafter. It might be just what you need. If dial-up will give you what you need, that's $9.95 per month all the time. And if you try it, and don't like it, they'll give you your money back. Not sure about getting your first month back with DSL though. You've have to ask about that.

Source(s): www.netzero.com

AT&T/dsl high speed internet is fast and is starts from like $14.99 a month.

The only thing i can suggest is looking around online.

Try putting isp followed by your state etc and see what services are local to you.

go for any plan which offers unlimited access speed doesn't matter