Trendy baby shower ideas?

I hate baby showers with a passion. I think they are cheesy with the stupid games like baby bingo and disgusting sandwiches where the bread is dyed pink and blue and green. I need some ideas on having a trendy baby shower, like an evening party instead of a Sunday afternoon.....If anyone has any ideas please share!

Favorite Answer

it's your baby shower and you can do whatever you want with it. why not have a dress up party as a baby shower? with being pregnant and all, we don't get the chance to get dolled up. just have a regular party just make sure the food you're serving is safe for you to eat (i suggest no alcoholic beverages at all....if you're gonna suffer...so should your guests), the only baby thing about your party is the gifts.

just so you know what i did...i didn't have the all girls baby shower where everybody come for tea and stuff. my baby shower was more like a pool party (i live in so cal and it was summer time). i themed it "lets be a kid again" so i had all these childhood board games and pool games for everybody to play with. we also talked about what we do when we were kids. or what was coolest stuff when we were kids. to enjoy the things we did as kids made me really happy that i'm gonna get to enjoy it all over again with my son.

so have fun on your baby shower. spoil yourself and let others spoil you too!

A Moby Wrap. It's not something I would have bought for myself, but when my sister (who's a doc) got it for me, I knew I had to learn how to use it. If the baby is born in the summer, it might be a little hot to use it, but it is the most comfortable of all wraps, easy to use and we (DD and I) love it. Especially when she was a newborn. Everyone also comments on how cool it looks. Or a swaddle blanket.

For my baby shower we aren't having any games. We are just having a nice meal, dessert, and presents. Games aren't necessary. Also, we are having alcohol at the shower. Inviting men is a new trend.

Hello!! I, too, think sometimes baby showers have gotten a little overly silly. Because of this I built a page off my website with games that aren't silly....they are sentimental and joyous!! No cheese, please!!!

Check it out, if you like!

I had an English tea party ( I'm English) and it went great...and I banned all games.

I had a big selection of teas from around the world, sandwiches with crusts cut, etc and made it as classy as possible.