Inserting tampon?

I bought a box of Tampax Pearls today. I've tried them before and my attempts of inserting tampons have been unsuccessful. I've read the paper the product comes with and the Beinggirl articles and I still can't seem to insert them. Whenever I try to insert one, I can't get it in over half an inch. I... show more I bought a box of Tampax Pearls today. I've tried them before and my attempts of inserting tampons have been unsuccessful. I've read the paper the product comes with and the Beinggirl articles and I still can't seem to insert them. Whenever I try to insert one, I can't get it in over half an inch. I pretty sure I'm not inserting them in the correct place.

I'm 14 and I've had my period for over 2 years. I can't ask my mom or any friends because they don't use tampons. I don't have a gyn, so I'm basically trying to learn how to use them on my own. I understand that there is a risk of getting TSS, but I just want to try using tampons. I just hate how pads are bulky and uncomfortable.

PLEASE, I need help! No silly answers.
Update: I've tried using a mirror before. It didn't really seem to help. One time while I was trying to insert a tampon, I was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes.
Update 2: i bought the regular size. i would have gotten slim ones but i didn't see any
Update 3: No, I know where my anus is, obviously. It's just that I don't know "exactly" where erm......my vagina is located. I think it may be because of my hymen. I don't know....