I just added the newest updates to "spybot search & destroy". The run time went from 15 -20 min. to 4 hours.

What happened? I also just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7. Any connection?

Best Answer

There is no connection that I'm aware of. I got the latest updates and my run time went to 15-20 minutes. Use this link to SpyBot's support section and see if you can find a software conflict, or a better answer to your question.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/support/index.h...

If you don't like IE7, and most people don't, you can uninstall it and it will revert back to IE6. I don't think that's the problem here, but that's an option. Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and the show updates box at the top. When the list loads, find IE7 and click to remove it. After removal, close the control panel and restart the computer. But check with SpyBot support first, that might not be the problem.

I have heard that IE7 is a bad version. It has messed up alot of computers. uninstall it if you can. then put an older version on their. Better still...uninstall IE7...go get the free mozzila firefox! ( a faster browser anyway) Have a blessed day