What kind of medicine can you take (over the counter) to cure post-nasal drip?

I've never had this condition before, but now it's persistant for 3 weeks. I thought i just had a cough, but my boss suggested that it is post-nasal drip? The more I read up on it, the more I realized it is.

What kind of medication/s should I take to successfully rid myself of post-nasal drip?

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Fexofenedene HCL 180mg (Allegra) sold OTC

  • 1 decade ago

    cough for 3 weeks is a sign you should see a dr, it could be anything from infection to post nasal drip to allergy to reflux, so if you go to your gp you will probably get a better diagnosis and more chnce to get better soon. your boss probably means well and you do want what's best for you but guessing and trying different meds is not the answer.

    Good luck!

  • Emmy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Unpleasant, isn't it?

    Any good decongestant should clear it up, like Sudafed, Mucinex D, or Claritin D.

    And drinking something hot also helps temporarily.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sudafed will dry it up but it may not cure it. If this is not a short term thing--you may need to see a doctor.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    advil cold and Sinus works wonder but bring your ID-you can only get it from the pharmacist and you have to be 18 yrs or older

  • 1 decade ago

    Echinacea and Astragalus.... you get it at health food stores... not "drug" stores. Drugs just hide the symptoms, they do nothing to help cure the problem.

  • 1 decade ago

    contact 400 they r good from chemist

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.