Mckinley county New Mexico?

Can anyone tell me anything interesting about Mckinley County in New Mexico

Favorite Answer

Sure! McKinley County, like much of New Mexico, is multi-cultural. The biggest town in McKinley County is Gallup, New Mexico. If you're looking for a historic old hotel to stay in, Gallup has THE PALACE HOTEL. Reasonably priced, it gives you a piece of history with it's scenic lobby and ecclectic rooms.

The county was named for President McKinley. If you're going there, I'd suggest that you check out some of the Native American historical sites that are nearby including Chaco Canyon. It's a fabulous place with old kivas and relics such as old arrowheads lying all around. However, tourists should not remove these items.

There are all kinds of neat festivals in the area. I've listed some websites with more information.

Sure. A portion of that county is in the Navaho Indian Reservation & the Zuni reservation. The city of Gallup is in McKinley County, and Interstate 40 crosses the continental divide in McKinley County.