Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Is my money at risk with certain stock brokers?

I'm about to start trading stocks on the stock market. I believe Just2Trade.com offers trades for only $2.50. Thing is I will be transfering about £10,000 of my hard earned money to them so I can start trading. What if they went bust? Would I loose all my investment? Am I protected or should I use a more reputable stock broker i.e a well known bank that charges more?..

Favorite Answer

I recomend reading this book"does Your Broker Owe You Money?"by Daniel R Solin. If you can choose your stock you can make the money. If they go broke just make sure you have have a list of the stocks you own and how much so you can put them in another company.

Well

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share. They are notoriously risky but if you follow a special method I've learned you can earn good money at almost no risk. This is the site I use: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I definitely recommend subscribing to this site in particular. Very good research, quality stocks. I was a bit weary of penny stocks from all the bad hype they receive but this guy is pretty legit. He's put my mind at ease with a lot of the fears I've had. I especially like that he doesn't send out announcements left and right. I've signed up for other websites that fill my in-box with one company after the other. I don't know where to even start with so many choices in front of me! Nathan sends me one idea a week and that's all I need. Working so many hours during the week leaves me with very little time when I get home to start doing tons of penny stock research. I'm always eager to see what Nathan's next suggestion is each Friday and I love having time on the weekend to do my research.

As said above if you want to make money with penny stocks you have to follow some proven methods. This one in my opinion is the best: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I hope it helps

Of course you must be careful, buying stocks and shares is only buying into the chance of getting a profit, it is no way a guarantee that your money is going to increase.

Look for a reputable trader, if it costs you a bit more then so be it at least you will be a bit more certain of the future.

If you are in any doubt don't do it, 10k is a lot of money to lose. Better to pay a little more for the service but have it backed with some guarentees. There is always a risk with any kind of investment but there's not point in taking unnecessary chances but using a firm you aren't confident about.

Yes definitely. I would recommend using a well known broker with a good reputation. American Express are good and fairly cheap, although a little more than $2.50

If you are so concerned about losing your money just by transferring it to a stockbroker then investing on the stockmarket is probably not for you.I would advise you to invest in unit trusts or similar if this is your only investment.Unless you are very clued up on stocks then it will to be too much of a headache for you.

Source(s): 25 years of investing in shares/unit trusts etc

money is at risk from ANY stock broker

Trading stocks and shares is simply another form of gambling, with no guarantees.

Only gamble if you can afford to lose.

yes you are at an extreme risk