Was measured with meassuring tape at 30 weeks and measured only 27 weeks?

went to get ultrasound done at 30.5 and they said he measured at 32.5.He aslo weighed 4 1/2 pounds I know I was only 30.5 weeks because I had an ultrasound done at 18 weks and I was 18 weeks. Am I really 32.5 weeks or am I just going to have a big baby

Favorite Answer

You might just have a big baby. Don't worry about it, your baby will know how old and how big he'll get before you pop.

Measurements done with a tape measure and even with an ultrasound can be a little off. with my first child I was told she would be 10 pounds yet was only 8 pounds 14 ounces and 50 Cm's in length when born, and was constantly 2-4 Cm's bigger than she should have been at each measurement. my second daughter was 'supposed' to be 7 pounds, maybe smaller even though my measurements were 1-2Cm's larger than normal, she was born 8 pounds 6 ounces and also measured 50 Cm's in length.

Until they learn how to 'reach in' and take measurements you cannot be spot on.

You'll soon find out for sure!:)

congrats and good luck with every thing~!

Source(s): mum of 5 year old and 2 week old. preschool teacher.

Don't worry about it. Those measurements are for averages, not detailed plans. Besides, i know lots of women, including myself, that the due date and everything else jumped around by the ultrasound measurements. Babies don't grow in a slow steady rate, they have growth spurts, just like they will after they are born. You may just have gone right at the end of one of your baby's growth spurts. Besides, my lil girl was 23" long at birth and has been off the height chart since she was 9 months old. They aren't coming out of cookie cutters, so don't worry sweetie.

Ultrasounds are always right. They told me that my baby was over 8 lbs nearing 9lbs, and she came out 7lbs. Another lady I know was told she was having a small 6lb baby from the ultrasound, a week later she gave birth to a 10lb baby. The ultrasound always said I was due two weeks after the due date the doc told me, and I delivered two days after the due date the doc told me. Ultrasounds aren't always right on measurements, go with what the doctor says for your due date.

I measured large at around 36 weeks (measured 38) and then measured right where I should have been 38 at 38 weeks. So... no, doesn't mean your baby will be large necessarily. My son ended up weighing 8 lbs.