Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 1 decade ago

How to make a medical marijuana plant produce more THC?

I'm in California and it's legal for me.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The strain definitely makes a difference like the above answer said but CO2 is extremely important...more crystal formation with higher concentrations of gaseous carbon dioxide...CO2. If your greenhouse is contained there are several ways you can increase the CO2 including CO2 canisters and even dry ice. Do some research on the internet there is a lot of material out there on home growing. You may also consider joining a message board like cannabis.com (link below) where you can discuss your project and any questions that might come along with growers of all types. However, drying and curing the buds does not really effect the THC content very much (maybe a little). It does more to reduce water content and create better tasting smoke. Check it out...do some research. There's a lot to know and always something to learn.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Get some quality seeds of a good strain.

I would recommend C99, white widow, juicy fruit, and the like.

Do your research and read up on forums about growing.

To get more THC crystals to form, you need to cure properly. After you have your plants ready to harvest, hang them upsidedown till they are dry (i.e. you can snap the branch instead of it just bending). This will allow the THC crystals to form.

After this you 'cure' the bud by placing it in an air tight container - opening every other day for about 15-20min to air out - and closing again. Do this for 3-4 weeks to allow your bud to fully cure. If you dry/cure right with good quality strain of bud, you will be most pleased.

• 3 years ago

If any state ought to legalize it, it is going to be California. i wish they succeed and getting a bill in place for 2010. The California border has been a heat mattress of violence for years and it fairly is getting worse. not even risk-loose to bypass to Baja anymore by using way of lots anger and mindless blood shed over the marijuana commerce. there are various greater significant undertaking concerns for regulation enforcement to have an interest by using than marijuana possession and distribution that could for all sakes and purposes be legalized and revenues and merchandising regulated by using states. Obama ought to bypass away the legalization of it as lots because of the fact the states. Marijuana and correctly being care reform are 2 undertaking concerns which seem to scare particular components of our society in specific the pharmaceutical industry and assurance businesses. Why? appropriate, for one element, marijuana is a risk to the drug industry because of the fact it stands spectacular now and correctly being reform is a risk to assurance businesses. Why can not we furnish marijuana of undertaking and why can not we furnish optimal human beings selection of undertaking? If left as lots because of the fact the yank human beings, they could be voted in a coronary heart beat, no hands down. can we actually have a democracy or are the assurance businesses and extensive pharm going to rule out worldwide consistently? Do the yank human beings fairly have a say interior the situation? It would not seem so. greater legislative skill ought to get carry of to the states if Washington can not get their act on the comparable time to make appropriates judgements which will help the yank human beings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.