What voltage should I adjust my TPS sensor to ( 98 SR20DET slant top)?

I have a 1995 Nissian Silvia K, (SR20DET) with a slite idle problem. I found out from a friend that my TPS is not alighed correctly. My car is Heavly modded and has a power FC, so i can see the voltage coming form my TPS. what voltage should i adjust it to?

Favorite Answer

Most vehicle systems use the standard 5.0 volts on the supply line. Try settings your adjusted voltage to .5 volts, and tighten it down. Do this with the throttle in the specified position (usually against the throttle stop) and rotate it until you reach the .5 volts, and tighten it down. I'm sure you already know how to test to make sure you have ground, the correct reference voltage, and that you have the correct voltage change through the range on the signal voltage. The idle condition may not be within the TPS. Look for any vacuum leaks, sticking injector, or voltage drop to the TPS. Some Throttle Position Sensors cannot be adjusted with a meter, and yours being heavily modded I wouldn't swear your TPS voltage will be typical. I have found many times the EGR to be the culprit for an idle problem. If you can't find it within the parameters of your computer, then you must start looking at a mechanical reason such as a sticking EGR, a vacuum leak, a leaking intake gasket. You may have to crunch the numbers on the O2 readings to make sure its not out of range from normal. A problem such as this can drive one to drinking. One other thing I can think of is; one of the plug wires being too close to any wires that go to the computer, and needs shielded.

Glad to help you, Good Luck!!!

Source(s): Certified Master Mechanic, Shop Owner, 40 years experience.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): voltage adjust tps sensor 98 sr20det slant top: https://biturl.im/ddwcX
  • rheba

Sr20det Tps

You can get a chiltons repair manual at the parts store $15.00 bucks and it will tell ya .And it will tell ya how to test the one that you have one the car now .

have u tried a nissan forum like 240sx.org or 240sxforums.com.